Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Results are in..

Unexplained Infertility it is I guess.

I had my follow-up appt. today with Dr. S. All five hundred things she tested came back great. She said the last round of bloodwork I had wasn't accurate as it was not done on CD3 (thanks past idiot doctor) so any worries I had before should be wiped away. The one thing she did mention was that I have a pretty serious Vitamin D deficiency and that I would need to begin supplements right away. I told her that I was super happy my hormone levels looked awesome, but that I almost feel as if unexplained IF is the worst kind to have.

She laughed SO hard at that comment. Like giggle snort followed by a loud cackling sound.  "No, the worst kind would be me telling you that your tubes are blocked and your uterus is scarred and that you'll never ever have children!! That's when you can think you may have the worst kind." She truly feels as if, and these are her words, "that the extra tissue is causing the issue." Meaning I'm fat and need to lose weight. She wants me to look into a program my OBGYN office is starting up in January that is kind of like weight watchers meets nutri-system. It's a little pricey, but I think I'm going to seriously consider it.

After my appt R and I mulled everything over and we've decided that we're going to enjoy ourselves and the holidays and begin our 1st round of meds in February or March.  Dr. S called for a semen analysis for sometime in January or February and she said she'll think about an HSG for me when the time comes. I'm probably going to suck it up and request one before we do the Clomid. Better safe than sorry and I want to do things the right way. Hopefully by the time March hits I'll have lost enough weight and I won't need to use Clomid.


Here's to a lot of hoping and a lot of calorie counting this Holiday Season.


2 comments:

  1. Hopefully weight really is the only issue because that is an "easy" fix. Good Luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping so. I have a really hard time losing weight so I'm glad we're taking a break and then going back at it in a couple months! :)

    ReplyDelete